Monday, July 6, 2015

NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!

Come, sit, and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the comfort of the Lord:  "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice."  Ephesians  4:31

                                        ". . .  he will not fail thee."  Deuteronomy 31:6

                                        ". . . they shall never perish."  John  10:28

                                        ". . . I am with you . . . unto the end"  Matthew  28:20

     Once the work of God's grace is begun in the heart, it must continue forever.  A book might be filled with quotations like the three above assuring us that he that "hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"  (Philippians  1:6).

     Years ago a preacher addressed a great congregation on the security of the believer against the tempter of our souls.  In a sytle vividly dramatic he pictured the Spirit of evil traversing the earth to tempt the members of Christ's flock.  To place after place he went seeking rest and finding none.  Christian after Christian overcame his tempting suggestion by the power of faith and the energy of Scripture.  At nightfall he entered the chamber of a dying saint.  The shadow of death was on his face, the awful moment of the soul's transit had nearly come, attendants were waiting in the intensity of silence for they thought that it was almost over.  "I will cast a dart of doubt concerning Jesus into that saint's mind,"  said the evil one,  "and fill his last moments with fear."  But just then the saint's lips parted and the words came forth,  "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."  In a moment his spirit was glorified and satan was foiled.

     He has promised,  "I will never leave thee."

"Bread For Each Day"


1 comment:

  1. This morning I thought of this same verse...thank you very much for all of these!

    ReplyDelete