Thursday, April 2, 2015

I Met An Angel

Come, sit, and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the comfort of the Lord:  "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice."  Ephesians  4:31

"The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them."  Psalm 34:7

     I met an angel some time ago while returning from a trip through Georgia.  I was ill and very uncomfortable.  On a turnpike south of Atlanta I stopped at an emergency turnout to rest for a moment.  When I tried to start the motor of my car, it failed to respond.  There we were, miles from a service station.  I know nothing about automobiles except to steer when they run.  The cars whizzed by at 65 miles per hour. And then, after only a few minutes, a station wagon slowed up, a man got out and asked,  "Can I help you?" I replied that I couldn't start the car and was hoping for a state police car to come by.  How happy I was when he said,  "I am a highway patrolman in the employ of the trucking industry."  After a brief consultation and another try to start the motor he suggested pushing it to make it start.  It worked.  I had merely "flooded" the carburetor.  I stopped the car and offered to pay him but he refused.  He asked my name, and when he heard it he stuck out his big hand and exclaimed,  "You mean you are Dr. Dehaan of the Radio Bible Class? I listen to you every Sunday evening over an Atlanta station."  He was a member of the Bible Class.  Just a few sweet moments of fellowship on the highway and I got in my car and was on my way.  I had met an angel to deliver me.

     Coincidence you say?  Oh no!  Oh no!  It was providence!  It was the fulfillment of Psalm 34:7.  Do you thank God for the "little" deliverances?  When He delivers us in some crisis, a severe illness, a serious accident, a great trial, then we praise Him but how about the "little" deliverances?  Today, try and see how often He helps you in the minor, seemingly unimportant problems.  Recognition of God in everything reveals a growth in grace.  Learn to recognize the angel of the Lord.  Yes, I met an angel on the highway!

"Bread For Each Day"


No comments:

Post a Comment