Friday, December 30, 2016

What If.....

Come, sit, and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the comfort of the Lord:  "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice."  Ephesians  4:31

What if we lived in the absolute assurance of God’s love?

I had a conversation with a mom whose eldest daughter is 30 and has never had a boyfriend. She sat with her mom and tearfully said, “Why can’t I find anyone to love me? What’s wrong with me?”

I remember being the only one of my friends without a boyfriend and feeling that same hurt.

But here’s the thing I wish I had known then … I must process this hurt through the filter of God’s love, not the tangled pieces of my heart.

When I process things through my heart, the outcome is, “If God loves me so much, why would He let this happen?”

Instead, when I process things through the filter of God’s love, the outcome is, “God loves me so much, therefore, I can trust why He is allowing this to happen.”

- Lysa TerKeurst - Proverbs 31 Ministries




No comments:

Post a Comment