Saturday, September 17, 2016

To Pray In The Name Of Jesus

Come, sit, and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the comfort of the Lord:  "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice."  Ephesians  4:31

"And whatesoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."     John  14:13

     What is it to pray in Christ's name?  There is nothing mystical or mysterious about this expression.  If one will go through the Bible and examine all passages in which the expression 'in My name' or 'in His name' or synonymous expressions are used, he will find that it means just about what it does in modern usage.  If I go to a bank and hand in a check with my name signed to it, I ask of that bank in my own name.  If I have money deposited in that bank, the check will be cashed; if not, it will not be.  If, however, I go to the bank with somebody else's name signed to the check, I am asking in his name, and it does not matter whether I have money in that bank or any other; if the person whose name is signed to the check has money there, the check will be cashed.  So it is when I go to the bank of heaven, when I go to God in prayer.  I have nothing deposited there, I have absolutely no credit there, and if I go in my own name I will get absolutely nothing. But Jesus has unlimited credit in heaven, and He has granted to me the privilege of going to the bank with His name on my checks; and when I thus go, my prayers will be honored to any extent.


No comments:

Post a Comment