Thursday, June 23, 2016

Pacing

Come, sit, and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the comfort of the Lord:  "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice."  Ephesians  4:31

                                                      "My soul, wait thou only upon God."
                                                                          Psalm  62:5

     The doctor's office is not my favorite spot to spend a sunny spring morning.  But that's exactly where I spent this one.  It helped, though, that there was a sunny-faced little boy to watch.  This blond, wide-eyed preschooler completely captivated me and everyone else with his eagerness to experience everything a doctor's waiting room could offer.
     He checked out the chairs and their occupants.  He covered his baby sister with her checked blanket and tenderly explained that there was no need to be afraid.  He marched down the hall to explore the bathroom, and a roomful of weary patients' eyes lit with amusement as his giggle echoed from behind the door.  Perhaps he's discovered he was finally tall enough.
     Eventually, when he'd exausted the room's possibilities, he announced with finality,  "I'm tired of this place now.  Let's go, Mommy."
     "We have to wait, honey,"  she said.
     "But I'm ready to go.  Let's get out of here!"
     He didn't really understand that he was waiting there for a purpose, his good health.

Lord, sometimes You put me in Your waiting rooms.  Help me to be patient with Your schedule.  I need to learn all I can from those waiting rooms, but I should never forget that I must remain there until I see You.  It's absolutely essential to my  health.



No comments:

Post a Comment