Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I Am On My Way

Come, sit, and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the comfort of the Lord:  "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice."  Ephesians  4:31

                                         "....Whither goest thou?"   Zechariah  2:2

     "Do you know where you are going?"  I asked the driver of a car in which I was riding.  I was in a strange city, and to get to my destination, the driver took all the shortcuts through alleys and back streets, and on and off the main highway with its choked lanes of cars.  I was completely confused and the only direction I was sure of was "straight up."  The driver assured me he knew where he was going, and I felt much better.  Usually when men start on a journey they have a definite objective in view.  If it is a long trip into unknown regions, they obtain all the information they can, procure road maps, and carefully choose the clothing and provisions for the journey.  Yet how foolish the natural man is concerning his eternal destiny.  He knows he is going somewhere at any moment - into a future land.  But where?  Where are you going?  If I knew I might be called any day to leave suddenly for Africa, I would be a fool if I did not inquire about transportation, passport, and visa.  I would inquire about the country, its climate and geography so I would be ready.  Man knows he may be called at any moment, yet makes no inquiry as to the way to get there or the climate when he arrives.  The way is in the "road map," The Bible, and all the information you need is in the Word of God.  Better find out where  you are going.

     A certain speaker at a great convention was late for the meeting.  He rushed from the train, jumped in the first cab, and said to the driver,  "Drive me as fast as you can - I am in a hurry."  Off they went, bouncing and bumping, for the driver was a veritable Jehu.  After several minutes the speaker shouted,  "Are we almost there?"  "Where?"  said the cabby.  "All you told me was to drive fast!"  Some people drive fast but, where are they going?  Have you settled it?  Receive Christ;  He will lead you to glory!

"Bread For Each Day"


No comments:

Post a Comment