Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The Morning Hour

Come, sit, and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the comfort of the Lord:  "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice."  Ephesians  4:31

 So many of us find the mornings to be a time of "rushing."  Various family members scurry in different directions with different needs and different timetables.  One has lost a sock, another can't find last night's homework.  One needs a sack lunch, another needs lunch money.  One leaves with a kiss, another with a shout, and another needs encouragement to open her eyes as she stumbles out the door.
     In sharp contrast stands the age-old advice that we each need a "quiet time" in the morning to center ourselves and to renew our relationship with our Heavenly Father.  Carving out that time for yourself may be your supreme challenge of the day, but it is an effort worth its weight in gold, as so aptly stated by Bruce Fogarty:

   The Morning Hour

Alone with God, in quiet peace,
From earthly cars I find release;
New strength I borrow for each day
As there with God, I stop to pray.

Alone with God, my sins confess'd
He speaks in mercy, I am blest.
I know the kiss of pardon free,
I talk to God, He talks to me.

Alone with God, my vision clears
I see my guilt, the wasted years
I plead for grace to walk His way
And live for Him, from day to day.

Alone with God no sin between
His lovely face so plainly seen;
My guilt all gone, my heart at rest
With Christ, my Lord, my soul is blest.

Lord, keep my life alone for Thee;
From sin and self, Lord, set me free.
And when no more this earth I trod
They'll say, "He walked alone with God."


No comments:

Post a Comment