Wednesday, November 30, 2016

My Focus

Come, sit, and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the comfort of the Lord:  "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice."  Ephesians  4:31

I really struggle with being a people pleaser.

We all want to be liked, and there’s nothing wrong with that. But if I’m seeking to please the Lord first and foremost, I will ask two questions before agreeing to do something for another person:

First, am I doing this with good motives?

And second, am I doing this for selfish reasons to gain acceptance?

You know, wherever we focus our attention the most, that will become the driving force in our lives.
The more I focus on trying to figure out how to please people, the more of a magnified force people-pleasing will become in my life.

But the more I focus on trying to figure out how to please God, the more of a magnified force He will become in my life. My focus. My choice.

- Lysa TerKeurst - Proverbs 31 Ministries


No comments:

Post a Comment