Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Sorrows And Holy Living

Come, sit, and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the comfort of the Lord:  "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice."  Ephesians  4:31


"For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of:  but the sorrow of the world worketh death."                                   2  Corinthians  7:10

     "Doesn't it seem hard when you think of the many there are in the world, that you should be singled out for such bereavement and loneliness?"
     She replied with a smile:
     "I am not singled out, dear.  There are thousands of God's own dear children scattered over the world suffering far more than I do.  And I do not think there are many persons in it who are happier than I am.  I was bound to my God and Savior before I knew a sorrow, it is true.  But it was by a chain of many links; and every link that dropped away brought me closer to Him, till at last, having nothing left, I was shut up to Him and learned fully what I had only learned partially, how soul-satisfying He is."
     "You think then,"  I said while my heart died within me, "that husband and children are obstacles in our way and hinder our getting nearer to Christ?"
     "Oh no!"  she cried.  "God never gives us hindrances.  On the contrary, He means, in making us wives and mothers, to put us into the very conditions of holy living."


No comments:

Post a Comment