Sunday, November 1, 2015

Come And Get It!

Come, sit, and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the comfort of the Lord:  "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice."  Ephesians  4:31

READ PSALM  119:  33 - 40

    " . . . I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food."  Job  23:12

     Hold everything!  Wait a minute!  Not so fast, brother, or you'll burn out a bearing before the say is over.  Have you read the Scripture for today?  Only eight short verses.  It will take you only forty-five seconds!  If you read it in less than that, go back and read it again, for you read it too fast the first time.  No, No! don't lay this book down and mumble to me,  "I'm in a hurry and you're delaying me."  It is not my fault you overslept.  I didn't keep you up late last night.  Slow down, brother, slow down!  I see you're eating breakfast this morning even though you are late.  You take time to feed your body, but you were going to starve your soul.  Take 45 seconds and read Psalm 119:  33-40.  Don't bother to read the rest of this devotional, but instead read the Bible.   These articles are not designed to substitute for the Bible, but are meant to stimulate your desire to read more of the Bible.  If these devotionals have made you neglect the Word, so you read them instead of some verses of Scripture, then please, please throw these devotionals away!

     Still eating breakfast are you?  Listen!  you might better skip breakfast than skip reading the Word.  Job says,  "I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food."  Man shall not live by bread alone.  Yes, I know you had a rough day yesterday and everything went wrong and you're way behind.  But why be surprised that  yesterday was such a bad day, when you started the day without the Word?  Remember, don't make the same mistake today.  Look at Psalm  119:33 - 40 and make it your prayer today as follows:  Verse 33 - Teach me; verse 34 - Give me; verse 35 - Make me; verse 36 - Incline me; verse 37 - Turn me; Verse 38 - Stablish me; verse 39 - Spare me; and verse 40 - Quicken me.

"Bread For Each Day"


No comments:

Post a Comment