Wednesday, September 23, 2015

God's Kind Will

Come, sit, and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in the comfort of the Lord:  "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice."  Ephesians  4:31

"For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother."  Mark  3:35

     We need never fear to resign ourselves completely to God's will.  It is not only our duty, but a precious privilege that can bring us nothing but the greatest good.  In addition, those who do the will of God experience a warm, personal relationship with Christ that is deeper and dearer than any human tie could ever hope to be.  Jesus said of such that they become in a special sense His brother or sister or mother!

     Many years ago the Sunday School Times carried this story:  A lady who had an only child said to Mrs. Pearsall Smith,  "I do not dare to pray - 'Thy will be done' - because I am afraid God will take away my little boy or will send me some heavy trials as a result of my yieldedness."  To which Mrs. Smith replied, "Suppose your child should come to you and say,  'I want to be and do just what you desire today,' would you say to yourself, 'Now is my opportunity to make this child do all the disagreeable duties I want done;  I will take advantage of his willingness to please me by cutting off his pleasures today and will keep him at hard discipline'?"  "No, no!"  said the mother,  "I would give him the best day I could possibly plan."  "And you can think that God is less just and loving than you?"  The lady saw the point, resigned herself to the Father's will, found the joy of the Holy Spirit's blessing, and experienced the preciousness of the promised intimate communion with the Saviour.

     Trust God when you cannot trace Him; you will find that His will is always kind!

"Bread For Each Day"


No comments:

Post a Comment